- CM4 Sensing is an industrial computer designed for IoT & Data Acquisition applications based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4 for short). It makes full use of the structural flexibility of CM4 to solve the heat dissipation problem of CPU, wireless module and PMU. The external antenna improves the reliability of wireless communication.
- The system can be configured into 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB RAM and 8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC, 2.4/5.8G dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth (optional) according to different applications, and it supports external antenna.
- For application scenarios that require large data storage capacity, users can use eMMC to install the operating system and store the application data, at the same time, users can use SD card to store large user data, compare to the built-in eMMC memory, SD card can offer larger capacity and its cost is more effective.
- CM4 Sensing provides 4G/LTE module, 4 channels RS485,1 channel RS232, 1 channel CAN, 1 channel Gigabit Ethernet port, alarm buzzer, battery-powered real-time clock.
- The DSI interface of CM4 Sensing are fully compatible with Raspberry Pi4 Model B, supports Raspberry Pi official 7" touch display. A 5V/1.5A power output provides the power for Pi Display, the Standard HDMI interface can output 4K HD video.
- CM4 Sensing provides 2 channels USB2.0 and 1 channel Micro USB2.0 interfaces, and Micro USB interface is used to update the system image.
- The system supports 8V~28V DC* power input, the dimension of CM4 Sensing is 103*73*32mm, which is slightly larger than Pi4 Model B. The connectors come out from front and back end, a 103*73mm*5mm heat sink provides excellent cooling performance for CPU, wireless module and PMU, the whole system can work reliably in a high temperature environment.
- Based on our real testing in the lab, CM4 Sensing can work reliably at ambient temperature of -25~60°C.
- Four M2.5 screw holes are reserved at the case bottom of the CM4 Sensing, which is convenient for users to install the CM4 Sensing on other equipment, it also supports DIN rail mounting.
- Certified with CE/FCC.
◆ Documents Download
User Manual Download
Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
H.265 (HEVC) (up to 4Kp60 decode), H.264 (up to 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
|RAM||1GB / 2GB / 4GB / 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM|
Onboard 8GB / 16GB / 32GB eMMC for system boot
1x microSD Card for Data Storage, can work with eMMC together at the same time
1x standard HDMI Out (Type A)
1x FPC HDMI Touch Display
1x FPC DSI Touch Display
1x Gig-Ethernet (10/100/1000M)
2x USB 2.0 Type-A
1x USB micro-B for eMMC Flashing (Inside the case)
Optional 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless and Bluetooth 5.0, BLE with external antenna
Optional 4G LTE with optional GPS support, 1x Nano-SIM card slot, external antenna
4x RS485, 3-pin Terminal Block
1x RS232, 3-pin Terminal Block
1x CAN, 3-pin Terminal Block
1x RTC with CR1220 backup
1x mini-PCIe slot with 1-lane PCIe and 1x USB 2.0, Support 4G Module
1x 5V@1A DC Power output, 2-pin WTB connector, Could supply Raspberry Pi official 7" Touch Display
8 ~ 28V DC*
DC Jack or optional 2-pin Terminal Block
1x Power Indicator with Red LED
1x Status Indicator with Green LED
1x 4G network indicator with Blue LED (Inside the case)
|Operating Temperature||-25 ~ 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||10% - 60%|
|Case||Metal Case with a whole side Aluminum Alloy Heat Sink, 2 Antenna Holes|
|Dimension||103(L) x 73(W) x 32(H) mm|
DIN-mount with DIN kit installed
Pre-installed with 32-bit Raspberry Pi OS with Desktop in eMMC
Compatible with Origin Raspberry Pi OS, support 32-bit and 64-bit OS, support Lite and Desktop versions
Support BSP online install / upgrade with APT tool
◆ Interface Diagram
3.Whether CM4 sensing can boot in micro SD card?
To delete the “otg_mode=1” in config.txt, [cm4], and then add “dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host” at the same time.