- CM4 Nano is an embedded computer designed for industrial applications based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4 for short). It makes full use of the structural flexibility of CM4 to solve the heat dissipation problem of CPU, wireless module and PMU. The BT antenna improves the reliability of wireless communication and provides flexible expansion capabilities.
- The system can be configured into 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB RAM and 8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC, 2.4/5.8G dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth (optional) according to different applications, and it supports external antenna.
- For application scenarios that require large data storage capacity, user can use eMMC to install the operating system and store the application data, at the same time, users can use SD card to store large user data, compare to the built-in eMMC memory, SD card can offer larger capacity and its cost is more effective.
- CM4 Nano provides alarm buzzer ,battery-powered real-time clock, , supports Gigabit Ethernet port with POE function, which is compatible with the official Raspberry Pi PoE HAT.
- The CSI and DSI interfaces of CM4 Nano are fully compatible with Raspberry Pi4 Model B. CSI supports Raspberry Pi official 8M and 12M Pixel HQ cameras, and DSI interface supports Raspberry Pi official 7" touch display. The Standard HDMI interface can output 4K HD video.
- CM4 Nano provides very strong expansion capabilities, supports a standard Raspberry Pi 40-pin expansion interface, and users can mechanical-easily expand a high speed equipment through on board USB3.0 Type C interface.
- The system supports 8V~18V DC power input, the 40PIN socket provides 5V@2A and 3.3V@1.5A output power, and supports high-power expansion modules.
- The dimension of CM4 Nano PCB is 95*58mm, which is slightly larger than Pi4 Model B. The connectors come out from front and back end, a 103*62mm*5mm heat sink provides excellent cooling performance for CPU, wireless module and PMU, the whole system can work reliably in a high temperature environment.
- Based on our real testing in the lab, CM4 Nano can work reliably at ambient temperature of -25~60°C.
- Four M2.5 screw holes are reserved at the case bottom of CM4 Nano, which is convenient for users to install the CM4 Nano on other equipment. CM4 Nano also supports DIN rail mounting.
◆ Documents Download
User Manual Download
Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
H.265 (HEVC) (up to 4Kp60 decode), H.264 (up to 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
|RAM||1GB / 2GB / 4GB / 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM|
Onboard 8GB / 16GB / 32GB eMMC for system boot
1x microSD Card for Data Storage, can work with eMMC together at the same time
1x standard HDMI Out (Type A)
1x FPC HDMI Touch Display
1x FPC DSI Touch Display
1x Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000M), Support PoE (with Raspberry Pi PoE HAT)
2x USB 3.0 Type-A
1x USB 2.0 Type-A
1x USB 3.0 Type-C (Inside the case)
|Wireless||Optional 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless and Bluetooth 5.0, BLE with external antenna|
1x RTC with CR2232 backup
1x standard Raspberry Pi 40-PIN GPIO
1x 5V@1A DC Power output, 2-pin WTB connector, Could supply Raspberry Pi official 7" Touch Display
1x System Reset, 3-pin DIP connector
1x Boot Configuration, 2-pin DIP connector
8 ~ 18V DC
DC Jack or Terminal Block optional
1x Power Indicator with Red LED
1x Status Indicator with Green LED
|Operating Temperature||-25 ~ 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||10% - 60%|
|Case||Metal Case with a whole side Aluminum Alloy Heat Sink, 1 Antenna Holes|
|Dimension||103(L) x 62(W) x 22(H) mm|
Pre-installed with 32-bit Raspberry Pi OS with Desktop in eMMC
Compatible with Origin Raspberry Pi OS, support 32-bit and 64-bit OS, support Lite and Desktop versions
Support BSP online install / upgrade with APT tool
◆ CM4 Nano VS Raspberry Pi 4B
1.5GHz ARM v8 64-bit CPU
1.5GHz ARM v8 64-bit CPU
|WiFi/BT||2.4G/5.8G WiFi, Bluetooth BLE5.0||2.4G/5.8G WiFi, Bluetooth BLE5.0|
|Ethernet||10/100/1000M, could support POE||10/100/1000M, could support POE|
Support eMMC and SDCard
at the same time
|HDMI||1x HDMI A||2 x micro HDMI|
|HDMI FPC Connector||1 x HDMI + 1 x USB Touch||-|
|4 Pin POE Connector||Yes||Yes|
|Power Input||7V~18V DC||5V DC|
|Dimension||95mm(L) x 58mm(W) x 24mm(H)||89mm(L) x 56mm(W) x 24mm(H)|
Full metal case with a whole side
aluminum alloy heat sink
Plastic / Metal case with a small heat
sink on CPU
|Antenna||PCB Antenna / External Antenna||PCB Antenna|
|OS||Compatiable with Raspberry Pi OS||Raspberry Pi OS|
◆ Interface Diagram
◆ Order Information
We suggest the customers install the system image which provided by us. Otherwise, download our BSP to make some external interfaces work.
2.Whether CM4 Nano can boot in micro SD card?
No, micro SD card only acts as data storage. Operation system shall be installed in eMMC.
3. Do any signals of 40PIN on CM4 Nano have been occupied?
Buzzer has occupies GPIO6. If you don't need to use it, you can remove the resistor R39 to disconnect GPIO6 from the buzzer circuit. SD card occupies GPIO22,23,24,25,26,27.If you don’t use it, please don’t insert the SD card.
4. How can I access to EDATEC image file?
You can download from the link above on EDATEC website.
5.How to install the image?
You can refer to the instruction by reading the link above.
6.How to solve the error saying “config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)” during turning on CM4 Nano?
To delete the “otg_mode=1” in config.txt, [cm4], and then add “dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host” at the same time.